What Is An Addon Domain – Advance
Different Cpanel has a different look (theme) but the process of addon domain in a Cpanel is remain same. You can change your Cpanel theme In your Profile setting Under Style Change.
This is how my Cpanel look,
- Click On Your Profile ( a name that you selected for your CPanel) and then click on Style Change.
- and select which theme you want for your Cpanel.
Now click on Apply and your Cpanel look is changed.
- You can again, change your Cpanel look by clicking on Your Profile again.
Now, In this To Tutorial, we will cover, whats is an Addon Domain, How we can add a domain in Cpanel and also set an FTP account for the domain in Cpanel.
What is an Addon Domain?
An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.
How To Add Domain In The Cpanel
The Addon Domain Process is very easy, You just have to Find Addon Domain Option and enter the Domain name. All the other Box are automatically filled by the Computer.
- Login your Cpanel as an Admin and then found the Domain Tab option.
- Now Click on Add Domain Under Domain Tab.
- Enter the Name of the Domain in the “New Domain Name” Box.
- “Subdomain and Document Root” Box are Automatically filled by the Computer. but, if you want to change the Subdomain and Document Root Folder you can.
Note: – Make User your adding domain in “public_html/” folder. Otherwise you not able to upload theme and Plugin through WordPress.
Subdomain: – It is used when you Create Subdomain. For example, abc.eyecandyqatar.com
Document Root: – It is a location, where you want to create folder of your new domain or want to install the WordPress.
- Now hit the Add Domain button.
Note: – Wait for few minutes, It’s a long process.
- Your domain is added to the Cpanel successfully.
Now, Open your File Manager to check, your website folder name created or not in the Cpanel.
Remove And Modify Addon Domain
If you already Added the domain and now you want to remove or Modify addon domain. You can it under Modify Addon Domain Section.
- Click on Addon Domain under domain Tab and then find modify addon domain option.
Here you can delete your domain from CPanel by clicking on Remove.
Note: – After changing the Path, you have to move all the file from old folder to new folder (old path to new path).
How To SetUp FTP Account For Domain.
FTP account provides Direct assess to your main Root folder. You can Edit, Add, Delete a file in your the file manager with FTP account Without Login your Cpanel.
You can Enable the FTP Account for your website, During adding the new Domain in addon Domain Tab.
- Tick the box and set username and password for FTP account.
But if you skip the step, then you can SetUp FTP Account in Cpanel under File section.
- Login Your Cpanel and then click on FTP account Option.
- Enter Login name and select website, for which you want to Setup FTP account.
- Set password and select Quote unlimited.
Note: – Your uploaded file are going to the harvindersingh folder. You can change your path according to your test.
- Now, after that click on create FTP Account button.
- Your FTP account is ready you can also modify FTP account setting.
- Now, Check your file manager.
- You have a new folder with name harvindersingh (according to your login name).
Your FTP account is Ready. Now the Question, How can I use FTP account?
- Click on Configure FTP client and
- check your username, server name, and port.
Download FTP fo client and install it on your Computer. Open your File Zilla and enter a username, server name, and password.
Left side is your Computer Desktop and Right side is your Cpanel Folder that you created.
Just Drag File From left to right to upload File.
- Login your Cpanel and find Addon Domain Option Under Domain Tab.
- Enter Domain and Set FTP account for the domain.
- Check, your domain name folder created or not in the File manager.
- If you want to change the setting you can do Under Modify Addon Domain option.
Remember to share this post with anyone who might benefit from this information, including your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and members of your Google+ group! And also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem about addon domain please feel free to comment below.
January 5, 2020
September 24, 2019
September 23, 2019