Coding Improves Academic Performance
- Math: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
- Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which results in better writing skills. Many kids even use Tynker as a medium for storytelling!
- Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code, allowing them to embrace their creativity.
- Confidence: Parents enthusiastically report that they’ve noticed their kids’ confidence building as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
Coding Builds Soft Skills
- Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated code, kids naturally develop better focus and organization.
- Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
- Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Think about it: learning code means learning a new language!
Coding Paves a Path to the Future
- Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they code – we’ve seen Tynkerers use the platform to spread messages of tolerance and kindness!
- Life Skills: Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology around them.
- Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field they choose!
September 28, 2020
September 18, 2020
July 29, 2020